Cleaning Your Invisalign Trays: Dos and Dont’s
Invisalign is a great way to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted without clunky, metal braces. Through a series of clear aligners, Invisalign gradually shifts the natural position of your teeth. Invisalign is removable, meaning that you can still enjoy eating your favorite foods. Just make sure that you remove your trays when you are eating or drinking anything besides water! Your trays are to be worn at all times. As you can imagine, one important aspect of having Invisalign is keeping your trays clean. Here are some tips on how to do so from our dentist in Elk Grove Village.
- Brush and floss your teeth before you put your trays back in. This will help keep plaque and leftover food from getting into your trays and forming bacteria.
- Soak your aligners on a daily basis. Invisalign comes with a set of cleaning crystals that help keep your trays clean. You can also use denture cleaner on your trays as well.
- Rinse your aligners after you remove them. However, make sure that the water isn’t too hot, as it could warp the shape.
- Use toothpaste to clean your trays. You may be tempted to brush your trays with toothpaste, but this can actually damage your trays. Plus, it can cause your trays to become dull and scratched.
- Use colored or scented soaps, as they may give your Invisalign trays a hue. Plus, it may cause your trays to develop an unpleasant taste.
- Eat or drink anything besides water when you are wearing your trays.
If you’re interested in Invisalign to get a straighter, more confident smile, contact our dentist in Elk Grove Village to get started!